 General / 6871
Re: new store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:46:32 GMT

Sounds like a great idea, Jerry.  It would be even nicer if you cut to 20%,
which would match any sale anywhere (excluding clearance of course).  It would
give a strong incentive for retail buyers to simply come to you first without
having to wait to find a particular item on sale.  Ten percent justs sounds a
little thin.

As for buying LEGO, that might get tricky.  I could see if you had locals walk
in and sell you their stuff, but buying on the net and reselling might be a
headache.  There are a lot of people selling their stuff on line now.  Since you
are getting sets at 40% off (I assume), what might be even more lucerative would
be to start up some sort of bulk operation for parts.  *That* would be
exciting!  You could prolly hire one full time person to run the operation and
still make a nice little profit AND provide a valuable service to AFOLers:-)

IAE, Good Luck in your LEGO endeavor!

-John

Jerry Tucker wrote:

We are in the process of adding Lego to our product line for both instore and
internet mail order.  Our intent is offer 10% off regular retail pricing.  We
will both buy and sell Lego products, offering cash or credit for purchases.
Our display will include graphics where available.  We will ship world wide.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on this.  It is not an ad.  My
desire is to have a good site that is useful to the Lego
collecting/using community and I would really appreciate any thoughts and
advice from those of you who actively use and care about Lego products.

Jerry