 General / 6643
Re: What pieces do you wish existed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:56:03 GMT

Rob Farver wrote:

What pieces do you all wish existed?

Let's see...

2x3 low/medium slope outside corner (low slope on one side, medium on other)
    (note the above would HAVE to come in left and right versions)
3x3 low slope inside corners
1x3 low slope apex ends (tri-slope)

(Shouldn't this be 1x2?)

3x3 low slope apex connectors
8x3 low slope brick
6x4 super low slope bricks (1/2 the width of the 6x8 now available) to allow
    staggered roofs
2x2x3 steep inside corner slopes

Pieces which TYCO makes:
2x2 thin plate with studs on top and bottom
2x2 with holes straight through (opposite use of above piece)

I'm sure given time I could come up with more. :)

Rob

Rob and I seem to be on the same wavelength when it comes to new pieces.   Lot's of
new slopes.

In addition I would like to see:

(for the 2x2 cylinder bricks) Capital tops and bottoms (Doric, Ionic, Corinthian,
Egyptian?).

Fence pieces in (half length) sizes 1x2x1 and 1x2x2.

Pointed Arches (for true gothic constructions) in different sizes.

New window styles and sizes (I'm tired of the 1x4x3 and 1x4x5), large and small.
(Remember, in the classic era (1950's-70) there were 9 different window styles!)

New roadplate type (we've had the "X", "T", straight and curved for 20 years).  How
about complementing these with perhaps a "Y" or some others.

Gary Istok