 General / 6564
Re: What pieces do you wish existed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 00:48:23 GMT

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999 00:38:35 GMT, "Greg Majewski" <citrusx__@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello all,
I have a list of pieces that have been bugging me for a while. Why? They don't
exist! It seems like TLG can do mondo-super-juniorized pieces that can be used
with a certain type of model, but why don't they make simple basic pieces that
would be very nice to have? These are the pieces I wish were in production:
1x2 double-ended hinge plates. There are loads of 1x6's that need some thought
in how to use, so why not 1x2's? I can think of a dozen uses for a piece such
as this.
Odd length beams. 1x1's and 1x3's don't cut it. Why not 1x5's, 1x7's, 1x9's or
even 1x11's? </rant>
What pieces do you all wish existed?

Let's see...

2x3 low/medium slope outside corner (low slope on one side, medium on other)
    (note the above would HAVE to come in left and right versions)
3x3 low slope inside corners
1x3 low slope apex ends (tri-slope)
3x3 low slope apex connectors
8x3 low slope brick
6x4 super low slope bricks (1/2 the width of the 6x8 now available) to allow
    staggered roofs
2x2x3 steep inside corner slopes

Pieces which TYCO makes:
2x2 thin plate with studs on top and bottom
2x2 with holes straight through (opposite use of above piece)

I'm sure given time I could come up with more. :)

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rfarver  |