 General / 55250
Re: Brickshelf empty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:13:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Anthony Sava wrote:
   I believe Lugnet is a great place, and it served its’ time well, but I cannot foresee a time when it will regain its’ position as the center of the universe. The last, best hope for Lugnet, I believe, is to transform itself into what LEGOFan.org was meant to be - a jumping off point to the greater AFOL universe.

Just my two cents.

--Tony

I don’t believe LUGNET needs to return to what it was to once again be the centre of the LEGO universe. I signed up only relatively recently after reading LUGNET for some years and participating in the robotics section through an external posting service. One of the reasons it took me so long is that it is quite difficult to keep track of what you have read and what not and this is made worse by the cross posting that goes on. If you read LUGNET from more than one computer it gets even more difficult.

Another reason for not signing up earlier was the cost. Not that LUGNET is expensive, but in a way the fact that you need to pay to be able to post on LUGNET is a protection to the site. It keeps spam at bay and avoids the hundreds of useless messages full of empty chatter that appear on other forums.

I don’t believe that the fact that LUGNET is now relatively small is at all negative. Granted, a significant increase in the traffic would be nice, but in my personal perception of the world of LEGO, LUGNET is still the place to go if you have a question for ‘the experts’, for big announcements, for MOCs you’re really proud of etc. - or at least it should be.

Jetro