 General / 55246
Re: Brickshelf empty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:50:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jordan Schwarz wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
   it has lost most of its other qualities.

LUGNET and Brickshelf have both lost a lot of momentum. I think it’s partly due to the fact that these websites, once on the cusp of the AFOL online presence, have not invested the resources and energy to stay with the times. The sites that fans have flocked to instead (such as Flickr) offer better functionality and features that LUGNET and BS do not have. (My suggestion for feature #1: masking of users’ email addresses. Feature #2: The ability to edit posts.)

I am a fan of LUGNET. To me, it represents a LEGO-specific forum that spans the whole community and is something the AFOL community can call its own. It would be nice to see LUGNET actively maintained and updated like its competing sites - and it would be helpful if the LUGNET maintainers made us aware of efforts to improve the site and drive traffic back to it.

-Jordan Schwarz

I feel the same Jordan. I still follow LUGNET, especially the train and town threads. Any efforts to create more activity on this site would be greatly appreciated.

Bert Waters