 General / 53679
Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:20:00 GMT

   In lugnet.events.brickworld, John Neal wrote: The subject line says it all! Although I am still recovering from the weekend and still need to post my pics, I’ll just post a quickie to say how much I enjoyed this event and that I’m already looking forward to Brickworld ‘08. Kudos to Adam and Bryan, and all of the Brickworld support crew!

I met a lot of great AFOLs, some I “knew” online, and some I’d never heard of. And it was great to renew old acquaintances, too. Man, AFOLs are good people, and it is really fun to hang out with them:-)

And BTW, if you would like a Brickworld T-shirt, please email me at this address with the SPAMblock removed. I apologize for mistrusting UPS, and ‘d like for all of these shirts I’ve already printed that they are returning to me to find good homes;-) They are $15, and I’ll ship them free anywhere in the US. Maybe Canada, too, if you must.

More thoughts later.

John

Hi John and attendees,

It was nice to meet you too. I also had the chance to meet many nice people I have known over the years but never met in person, that was very cool. It was good to meet many others for the first time too.

The event was great, a little different to some of the European events. Lots of people and interesting MOCs to see (I can’t say too much here, you will have to wait and read the next issue of BJ ;))

While I have the chance, I’d like to say thanks to the people who I shared a room with, who picked me up at the airport, who took me back to the airport, who I had lunch and dinner with, who let me have a shower while I was waiting for my room mate, who made me feel welcome on my first trip to the US, to the guy who bought me toothpaste and a toothbrush as I forgot mine, lol, and to the guy who took me shopping so I could take some goodies home for my family (even though half of them are in the lost luggage :( ) and many other friendly and welcoming people! THANK YOU! I appreciate all your help and I hope that one day, I can accommodate you too :) a super HUGE thanks to Beth and Tine, they were so good to me! (I haven’t named too many names as I am not sure that is OK with them).

I am sure I had forgotten something or someone to thank... if you know who you are, many thanks to you too!

Oh and it was good to finally meet Joe (from BrickJournal) for the first time! Many people didn’t realise that we had never met before ;) always time for a first :) - and thanks to you too Joe! :)

I had an interesting trip home, the plane travel and time zone change was not so great *and* they lost my luggage :( - oh and thanks to Megan! She was so cool, she picked me up from Billund airport (she also took me to the airport at 4ish am on the day I left!), let me shower and then we went to LEGOLAND Billund for more shopping! woohoo :) you rock, mate!

I am still half asleep, so I hope I made some sense here, I think I have to go back to bed zzzzzz

Many thanks, feel free and welcome to come along to a European event sometime in the future :)

Mel (sleep deprived and hungover without the alcohol)

(The European side of BrickJournal)