 Events / BrickWorld / 206
205  |  207
Subject:
BW - the truth was Re: Brickworld was a Blast!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 03:38:13 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickworld, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickworld, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickworld, Chris Magno wrote:
   John,

I guess the reason we are NOT seeing the pictures from you is cause of all the time you need to edit and crop the naughty gestures i managed to sneak in?

Edit and cropping???? I got your edit and crop RIGHT HERE, pal!

:-)

JOHN

OH MY GOODNESS, I recognize those hands and that ni... ummmm errrrrr, logo.

(snip)

   Janey “Tad bit jealous of John, Red Brick”

you SHOULD recognize that hand. it will be in enough photos. I think it could also be seen in photos’ near one Mr. Nick Kappatos.

so, Things I saw at Brick World.

These are some of the things that I as a first time Fest go’er have learned about Lego Fest’s in general.

1. every LegoFest has some sort of large BUG infestations. this one has Cicada’s. (pronounced sha-kay-da’s)

http://www.ent.iastate.edu/images/homoptera/cicada/cicada.jpg

2. Other than a guy named Mike, I am the tallest AFOL in the world.

3. There is VERY little technic at Legofests

4. its VERY easy to make Steve Whit cry.

5. Nick Kappatos, Bryce, Janey, Jason, and a few others are loud

6. I can teach people who’s names start with J, to whistle loudly. (Janey, John, Jason) (1)

7. its best to wear a lego shield around your privates to prevent any wayward hits

8. Nick showed people how he made a shank (2) to defend himself should his pillow wall fail to protect the advances of his roommates.

9. Fradel Gonzales is NOT Calum, nor does he want people to think he looks like Calum. (3)

10. DO NOT get Bryce liquored up, and watch any kind of sparring on TV in a bar.

11. it takes people 48 hours for them to learn who I am. and even more fun to watch the expression dawn on there faces. (4)

12. if you have a southern drawl, you can get a way with saying a lot of inappropriate things in pubic

13. there are MORE then one 601 Milwaukee ave N. and the one closest to Downtown Chicago is NOT a legofest. (5)

14. if you wear a “lego art” on your name badge, Jan from TLC will offer, ALL the lego that was run over and crushed by forklifts I could ever want.

15. many AFOL’s dont seem to Grok the “art” of the crushed brick. in fact, many AFOL’s can get very upset at the sight of a crushed and mangled 2x4 red brick (6)

other than that, there was some lego, a few moc’s, maybe a set. some of that train stuff. i guess if you’ve seen one lego event, you’ve seen them all.

;)

Chris

1. Keep practicing Mr. Neal. you will get it.

2. Shank made from complimentary Westin hotel pen

3. it might have been Fradel’s haircut.

4. Hi Felix

5. well, the crack house MIGHT have had ~some~ lego in it.

6. hi janey.