 Events / BrickWorld / 208
Re: Brickworld was a Blast!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:42:26 GMT

What a Great Time! I was unfortuntately unable to attend the whole fest, but I came on Sunday for the public exhibition. All I can say is WOW! It was my first LEGO fest, and I had a great time. It was neat to see in person some of the creations (NILTC layout, brickstrutures) and vendor products (got me some brickarms, brickforge, and MEModels) that I’ve only seen online. It was also great to see the seriousness of the participants to bring in top-quality models and displays combined with alot of humor. (warzone teddy bears, train top riders hitting their heads, etc, etc.)

I will definatly be attending the entire fest next year if possible, as it is clear that I missed out on alot.

From my limited perspective, the only shortcomings seemed to be that a few of the cooperative layouts -castle and moonbase- were a bit sparse, (I’m sure they will be more extensive next year) and there were 2 or three places where constiricted walking space created bottlenecks, though nothing severe. Both of these being things that are probably par for the course for first time events like this.

Anyway, great job and congratulations to all the organizers and participants. You all have really inspired me to build more and get more involved in the AFOL community. Sincerely, Karl