 General / 53517 (-20)
  Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?

(...) and it is red! I do a lot of needlework and the largest tread company in the world DMC, from France, has a color of floss that is devil red and its number is 666. Strange? John P (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?

(...) While it's become a lot more common since I got mine, I have a Tahu standee that was sent directly from the Enfield headquarters, a yellow prototype Hau that was sent from the Billund headquarters via LEGO Direct in NYC, the What Will You (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.general)

  Minifigs On Tour!

At Brickfest 2007, someone asked me if I had knew where to find pictures of Minifigs that had made the ascent to the top of Mt. Everest. I told that person to do a search online for it; I hadn’t heard of such a thing. However, that gave me an idea…a (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?

(...) And beware the (URL) lego set of the beast> (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?

(...) Not really weird, but as a big fan of soft boiled eggs, I got a couple of minifig head egg cups at the employee store in Billund along with a salt and pepper shaker for them. Then found the egg timer at Scott Lyttle's store in Atlanta. So have (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?

(...) Thanks, that is good to know. A mystery solved. I kind of wondered about their family history a little. While I am not a conspiracy theorist, it seems like the number 13 pops up a lot in their inventories. Just an observation. John P (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?

(...) Hmmm...LEGO oddities. Is there such a thing, really? I don't have much odd stuff, but one thing did come to mind: A space minifig from the Maine Space Grant Consortium. It's not an odd figure per se...but I have not heard of this group. I (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?

(...) John; The Lego Cross was produced in the early-mid 1950's and exists in 2 versions, one with a plain front and one with the word "JESUS" molded in block letters. Ole Kirk Christiansen, his family, as well as a significant portion of the (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?

(...) I have about 10 of these and wondered where they came from, I bought them from someone that worked at Legoland in CA. So not all were destroyed, it appears that employees got rid of a few.thanks. John P (17 years ago, 30-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?

(...) Probably the strangest is the glow in the dark cross. I have no idea of where it came from or why. It is around 4" by 7" Also a Lego braclet that was sold to help Katrinia survivors. A little model of a coke dispenser glued together and with (...) (17 years ago, 30-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?

(...) .. (...) Sorry for adding to such an old topic, its been about five years. I think I remember why I have this piece. As I recall when I was VERY young my parents gave my sister and I two identical sets of red cars, 6 stud wide. If I am not (...) (17 years ago, 29-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Brickworld Display Announcement

<<https://registrati...Logo.png>> It is our pleasure to announce that the Blacktron Intelligence Agency (BIA) made by Brian Darrow will be on display at Brickworld, including several expansions that are new in 2007. The BIA (shown below) will be (...) (17 years ago, 30-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) That's really good advice. Everybody has a different style, of course, but having large multiples of parts changes what you can do with them. And you may find that your tastes change as you develop- when I started buying on BrickLink, I didn't (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) First off: Welcome! As to the collection issue, building has always been my driving force.I look for the pieces I use most often (castle needs based). The only advice I can offer is if you're starting from a medium collection (=20k) make sure (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickfetish -- the Spring Offensive

(...) I was slowly reading all the great material here and came across this picture: (URL) am curious about fig. 13...it apparently shows the reason for the cutout in a piece of straight track being for elevation...and marks the ideal height at two (...) (17 years ago, 27-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) I'd say 20k pieces was a medium-small collection. It wasn't until I hit 50k+ that I could really start planning large projects without really eating into my parts selection. Now, I've got probably more than 100k and I feel safe that I could (...) (17 years ago, 27-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  An Unknown Vintage Set?

Tom Linclau of Belgium today asked this question on the Bricklink Forum, so I had to do some investigation, and it seems that we've discovered a new "unknown" set of 1968-72. Here's the cut/paste: (...) Well..... I have been studying this set for a (...) (17 years ago, 27-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) So, my problem is I have a decent quantity (probably in the range of 20-30,000 pieces), plenty of piece variety, but not large quantities of the same pieces. So now, as I raid Bricklink for my upcoming Space take on the Roman Legion (Red cloth (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) Depends on what you are looking for........new or used. New kinda limits you to retail stores and sales, even possibly Bricklink. If you don't mind used a great source of potential Lego is your freinds! We have gotten some really great stuff (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) Being an adult means, in part, getting a weekly or biweekly paycheck. For about a year and a half I bought a set every pay day. The number of pieces I had grew very quickly from a small collection to a medium collection. Keep an eye out for (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact