 General / 51952
  SpongeBob license???

Also, something called "Avatar: The Last Airbender": (URL) Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) Looking for a silver lining to this thing: An agreement with Nickelodeon grants master construction toy rights to the entire catalog of Nickelodeon properties, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Nickelodeon Movies. Does this mean we'll get a (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) Silver lining? How about possible new parts, new minifig torsos, and parts in the newer colors? Each new set adds new possibilities in building. Joe Meno Editor/Publisher, BrickJournal (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) Sponge Bob Square Pegs, I believe will be part of the LEGO 4+ line. In other words replacing the Pirates 4+ line. The minifig size or style will be like the Jack store/Pirates 4+, with new parts but no new colors. If there are gonna be new (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) I don't see how it would be TLG going back on anything. They said they were cutting colors, they never promised an end to new colors forever and ever. (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

In lugnet.general, Abner Finley wrote: Oops! I mean : SpongeBob SquarePants. Not Sponge Bob Square Pegs. -Abner (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) The following quote caught my attention. Specifically, the reference at the end to Batman and 'adult collectors'. It's interesting to see that TLG thinks the adult customer is significant enough to mention to the business press. This probably (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) If, as is stated inthe article, the audience of Spongebob is in the 6-11 range, I would hope that LEGO would not make the sets part of the 4+ line... Also, Didn't someone from LEGO say at Brickfest that trying to bridge from Duplo to System (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) I don't WANT new parts. I'd like existing parts in more colors and larger quantities. A Jack Stone-scale SpongeBob figure doesn't open up a lot of building possibilities for me. Or are the SpongeBob or Airbender figs in minifig scale? Don't be (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) I thought the same thing, it is for 6 - 11 year olds so hopefully will not be juniorised. And I must say I am already dying for a patrick starfish minifig, what would that look like?..... but then again I was also excited by shark boy in the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) How about a Jimmy Neutron minifig hair piece....sweet. jt (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) Don't know. After all, I'm only an AFOL that does a fanzine:-) Actually, I really don't know. While you might want to beleive that there is a network of spies arrayed out concerning LEGO products, you would be wrong. If there is one, then I'm (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) There's nothing paranoid about acknowledging the fact that TLC gives out advance info to selected sources (FBTB, LEGOFan, etc.). You just sounded like you knew something, and since you do run Brickjournal, it seemed plausible that you might (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

"Marc Nelson Jr." <marcnelsonjr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Iozt52.8K0@lugnet.com... (...) Funny you should mention that, actually... I was contracted to make an Aang lightup fig. I did the electronics and the modifications, and Jarod (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) I just looked at a (URL) description> of Avatar and it has some similarities with LEGO's own Bionicle line - clan protectors using elemental powers to protect their people. I wonder if this will cut into the Bionicle success at all... probably (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) "Planned marketing support includes TV, Web content, LEGO Club, model tour, co-promotions and retail feature." By model tour do they mean another Road Show? --Jack AFOL, St. Louis (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

In lugnet.general, Rob Hendrix wrote: <snip> (...) Seriously Rob, is there anyhing you can't do a mod for?? This is fantastic! Dave K (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:Ip1AtF.yn6@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks Dave. :) Actually I was hesitant taking the work. I didn't know if I could pull it off. The picture I showed is honestly a surprise to me too. I (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: SpongeBob license???

(...) Sorry to reply to my own post, but it *is* from someone else: Gary Scheppke wrote: rob, i'm not a member of lugnet so could you post the following message for me: "i want to give a huge thanks to kaminoan and brickmodder for their hard work on (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts.mod)