 General / 51958
Re: SpongeBob license???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:59:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   Also, something called “Avatar: The Last Airbender”:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=newsview&newsId=20051026005472&newsLang=en

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s
Creations

The following quote caught my attention. Specifically, the reference at the end to Batman and ‘adult collectors’. It’s interesting to see that TLG thinks the adult customer is significant enough to mention to the business press. This probably just implies adults collecting the system-scale sets, but it’s fun to imagine if their targetting of adult collectors could mean a UCS batmobile in our future...

‘Building upon the success we have had over the years, and particularly in 2005 with Star Wars, we’re thrilled to extend and compliment our existing stable of top licenses with three more red-hot properties to appeal to children of all ages,” says Jill Wilfert, vice president, global partnership and alliance management for LEGO Group. “All-access to the Nickelodeon portfolio allows us to bring some of the most popular television stories and characters into the LEGO build-and-play universe for kids, while the classic Batman brand offers a tremendous opportunity to simultaneously engage boys and adult collectors in a building experience rich with details, functions and play possibilities.’

-Paul D.