 General / 51960
Re: SpongeBob license???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:10:06 GMT

   In lugnet.general, Joe Meno wrote: In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   Also, something called “Avatar: The Last Airbender”:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=newsview&newsId=20051026005472&newsLang=en

Looking for a silver lining to this thing:

An agreement with Nickelodeon grants master construction toy rights to the entire catalog of Nickelodeon properties, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Nickelodeon Movies.

Does this mean we’ll get a You Can’t Do That On Television theme?

Marc Nelson Jr.

Silver lining?

How about possible new parts, new minifig torsos, and parts in the newer colors?

Each new set adds new possibilities in building.

Joe Meno
Editor/Publisher, BrickJournal

I don’t WANT new parts. I’d like existing parts in more colors and larger quantities. A Jack Stone-scale SpongeBob figure doesn’t open up a lot of building possibilities for me. Or are the SpongeBob or Airbender figs in minifig scale? Don’t be afraid to let us all in on the secret!

If by “newer colors”, you mean dark blue, dark red, etc. - wouldn’t they show up in any new sets? Even new sets that weren’t based on another mindless license? But maybe you mean totally NEW “newer colors” (flip-flop medium lime?)? If so, you have more knowledge of TLC’s plans than we do; feel free to share!

Children are curious, creative and imaginative. They embrace discovery and wonder, they are natural learners. These are precious qualities that should be nurtured and stimulated throughout life.

Sound familiar? That’s one of TLC’s fundamental beliefs. Please explain to us how sets based on yet another license puts that belief into practice.

“Hey, let’s switch SpongeBob’s and Patrick’s heads!” Creativity... what a joke.

Bring on Hasbro (see Lenny’s comment). At least they could turn a profit.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations