 General / 5099
Re: Digital Photography
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:22:14 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Say, BTW, did you know that the origin of the Mavica brand name is a pseudo-
acronym?  It stands for MAgnetic VIdeo CAmera.  Sony had a short-lived
digital video camera out for a few months back in 1981.  It didn't sell, but
it's interesting that they resurrected the name!

Wow -- I wonder if their technology 18 years ago was up to par with the
digital video cameras on the market today?  Knowing the tricks Sony can
pull, I suspect it probably was.

Anyone know the story on higher-res (> 640x480x24bit) digital cameras?  Are
they available yet?

Cheers,
- jsproat

Darth Maul Lives