 General / 49324
Re: New (Old) Town Plan sets discovered.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:05:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ronald Borchert wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   Eric Strand, who is helping me with the Lego CD (he’s becoming a Samsonite expert) recently discovered some heretofore unknown Town Plan sets from the 1960’s.

...SNIP...

Hi Gary, very nice new infos :-)

But I was a little confused on the picture of the town plan board:

   (the special British Town Plan set)

//www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=944890

By comparing it with the 60th town plan board in the early 60th catalogues (set no. 200) it seems to have a different direction of the printing: http://festum.de/1000steine/album/1-1959-1/kat01.jpg

Did the english town plan board always have this other direction of the printing?

Regards Ronald

Ronald- Good observation! I just created this folder and will store some town plan images here:

Here are the deep links until moderation:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/TownPlans/200a_continental_europe_50s.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/TownPlans/200_british.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/TownPlans/200_continental_europe_60s.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/TownPlans/246_usa_samsonite.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/TownPlans/842_usa_samsonite.jpg

There are many variations of the european and UK versions but I will leave that up to Gary to explain on his CD.

Eric