 General / 47788
47787  |  47789
Subject:
Gauging interest in The Hobby Show 2004 - Toronto, ON
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 19:13:22 GMT

The Hobby Show in Toronto is just about 6 months away.  This post is intended to
gauge the level of interest that people have in putting on a booth at this
year's show.

As a reminder, the Can-Brick Builders attended last year's show (Nov 2003) and
put on a great display.  In fact, we won the Hobby Booth of the Year award.

For a bit more background (if you weren't there) you may want to check out these
links:

http://www.apotome.com/hobbyshow/index.html

http://www.thehobbyshow.com

Can-Brick Builders is a group formed exclusively to do The Hobby Show booth.  It
was comprised of a number of rtlToronto members and several other builders from
around SW Ontario.  Membership is free and open to all.  :)

Even though the show is still several months down the road, I'm hoping that we
can begin to get an idea of how many people might be interested in attending the
show this year (Nov 2004) if we were to put on the booth again.  So, all I'm
hoping for at this point is that you either reply to this posting with a simple,
"yes, I'm interested" response, or email me at:

hobbyshow@apotome.com

and let me know that way.

Additionally, I'm hoping that someone might be interested in sharing the
organizing duties with me.  Due to other circumstances I simply cannot put in
the same kind of time I did last year.  It would help immensely if someone could
take on the job of compiling the attendee list and some of the other nitty
gritty work.  If you're interested then please let me know at the email address
above.

Thanks in advance,
Allan B.

Follow-ups set to:  lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on