 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11728
Re: Gauging interest in The Hobby Show 2004 - Toronto, ON
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 01:16:57 GMT

Allan Bedford wrote:

In lugnet.events, Derek Raycraft wrote:

I've got two large sculptures that I was hoping to display at the hobby
show,

Bigger than 12X space buggy?  :)

Well I'll bring the buggy again as well as a new one.

and I think we at rtlToronto want to use the hobby show as our
second train display of the year.  I think the timing is perfect for that.

Is that the general consensus of rtlToronto?  I apologize if it's been discussed
on LUGNET.  I might have missed it, but I hadn't heard that until now.

Well it's been discussed loosely at dinners and in direct conversations.
  I don't know if the discussion ever made it to the news group.
Basically we decided we didn't want to do more then 2 or 3 train shows a
year.  Since we've done one show already this year we where thinking
what would be a good second show.  The timing of the hobby show is good.
  It's long enough after brickfest that there is a break, and time to
work on the layout.  It also gives us a few days of up time with the
layout, which is nice to have.

Nows the time to decide if we want to do this.  I'm all for using the
Hobby Show as our second train event this year.

Derek

ps.  It will give me a chance to see all that blue brick I lent Calum. :-)