 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11729
Re: Fed UP with rtl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:35:51 GMT

On a completely different note--Steve, haven't heard from you in a while--rtl's
been kinda boring and we're resorting to talking about Native American names,
hiking trails, and my favourite vehicle--Hondas...  We need a good Steve H and
Chris M thing happening soon...

Dave K

oh, just saving my breath.

It seems the rtl events have really taken a turn for the worse.  Six months ago,
you guys were laughing at people who entered events like line-following or sumo.
"What's an rtl event with zero participants; Line Following."

Now, rtl is doing something more even mindless than line following...  Drag
Racing.  And, could you have a bigger stopping area?  How many participants will
enter that?

Actually, I suspect there will be more than your last couple events, because rtl
may not be so far above such an event.

Maybe the goal was to design an event Chris had a shot at.

It's been rather dissapointing that over the last couple years at Brickfest, the
ONLY Mindstorms event anyone from rtl ever entered was the one event they
hosted.  (sorry, I should also count Rob's crevas crossing robot, which he
entered via proxy)  So, in the five Mindstorms events that weren't hosted by
rtl, there was exactly one entry from the "robot guys" in Toronto.

Seems the events at Brickfest were always "too easy".

yeah. right...  :)

Steve