 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 684
Re: Gauging interest in The Hobby Show 2004 - Toronto, ON
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:43:56 GMT

In lugnet.events, Jason Allemann wrote:
In lugnet.events, Allan Bedford wrote:

x-posted to parlugment to see if anyone is interested.  Anyone?  I can bring
it up at the next meeting as well.

Not to pressure anyone, but just as an FYI... we're hoping to have some idea of
whether or not we have enough people as soon as possible.  In other words, they
are holding a booth for us, but are looking for a final answer soon.  By the
sounds of it rtlToronto is intending to make this one of their train events
which, if I understand correctly, means they'll have a full train layout... even
bigger than last year.

So there will certainly be some people there.  :)

But in all seriousness, I would love to see this event grow into a larger
gathering of Canadian builders.  It's only once a year, but it's part of a long
established show and our first attempt at it last year seemed to turn out pretty
well.

The invitation is certainly open.  In fact, in my reposting recently I
forgot to mention one thing.  The invitation to attend this show is not only
open to people who attended (or hoped to attend) last year.  It's for anyone
who's interested, regardless of their involvement last year.  I hope we can
have more people attend than our first attempt, though it was most
definitely a success.

This was also the case last year, but I realize it was a new event for LEGO
builders in Ontario.  Anyone with any questions/concerns/comments is welcome to
follow-up to this thread or email me directly at:

hobbyshow@apotome.com

As mentioned, I don't want to pressure anyone, but maybe if you're even 50% sure
you might want to possibly attend... can you let us know right away?  :)

Thanks, and hope to see some of you there!
Allan B.

http://www.apotome.com/hobbyshow/index.html  (for further details)