 General / 46381
  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) This is something I've been debating about. The only 2004 sets I've bought so far are the x-pods. They are just way too cool to pass up, new color or no. I have not integrated them into the rest of my collection though. I've kind of started a (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) I've been bugging stores in my area to find out when these will be in stock. So far I'm being told April at the earliest. I am giddy about these little things. They just look like so much fun. Am I crazy to think that kids will appreciate not (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) April is the official rollout, and that's generally the best you'll hear until your eyes tell you otherwise (I bought the TECHNIC R2-D2 two weeks before the official release month, and when I called Consumer Affairs to get an incorrectly (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:Hup0CC.16w4@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) stock. So (...) things. (...) that has (...) I brought a couple of these (the red one and greenone) home from the LEGO Store (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) They are! (I got a set at Burlingon Mall in MA last week, and another red one just last nite at Mall of America in MA) (...) Nope, you aren't. Nik is agonising over whether to buy the set off me outright or wait till his birthday in a month (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) In case no one has mentioned, these are also now available through S@H (the sets, that is, not the strap AFAIK). Maggie C. (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

Hmmmm, wouldn't it be cool if US S@H offered the strap if you bought all 4 together <hint,hint>? (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) Wouldn't it be nice if this became a strong seller.... even for a couple of years? Maybe some Bionicle-like sales figures.... only with system pieces instead of theme specific parts. I'm not knocking Bionicle (I own a few) but rather I'm (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, so good to point out. I'm trying to be really patient and not order that way. Not for any reason really except to support a local retailer who I know is getting them. They have treated me (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) Yes, they are blister packed, with plastic on both sides. This makes them a bit hard to open but also is quite tamper resistant. (...) No doubt, but it wouldn't be *pure*... :-) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) Funny, I'm trying to make an effort *to* order from S@H rather than purchasing LEGO, from Walmart especially, to try to cut out the middleman and support TLC. (especially after reading the article Lar posted a while back in off-topic about the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) I'll get my mom to help me. ;) (...) Does *pure* mean sold by the LEGO company? Or does *pure* mean manufactured and sold by LEGO? Or does *pure* mean made from ABS by LEGO company? For me it's more the third one than anything. Other than (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

(...) In my case it's a mom-and-pop toy shop. Very old school. You go in and the staff practically begs you to play with the toys or let them show you a magic trick. If you sing along to the chorus of the right song you even get candy. It's a small (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)