 General / 45022
Re: New x-pod sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 01:32:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
*snip*
The new Argos [1] catalogue came out today in the UK, and in it are the new
x-pod Designer sets, which they had in stock, seemingly several months
before their general release. The four sets can be seen here:

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=4346-4349
Once moderated:

Huw

[1] Argos is a national UK high-street chain that publishes a catalogue once
a year, and is often the first shop to carry new lines in January and
August.

  Anyone else have the strong feeling this is a rather speedy reaction to last
year's pod-building fad?  I'm sure we'll be seeing some new pods using these
parts..was TLG inspired by .space?  I like the idea, but IMO, the size might be
too small.  They should have gone for a more Palmer-esque parts selection,
emphasizing connectability instead of scale-parts (tires, propellers,
windshields, etc).  It would be truly nice if they were to release a fifth x-pod
in grayscale, with grey pod and lots of bot-sy parts.  Interesting to see this
new direction..