 General / 44975
Re: New element (Was: Re: New x-pod sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:03:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
4346 has two of an interesting new element

Very interesting indeed!

Brick 1 x 1 with studs on two sides:

I've often wondered why the 'studs on all sides' was the only configuration of
this style of brick.

   Hey Allan,

   My understanding is that the 1x1 brick with stud on only
   one side is not produced by TLC because the patent (!) is
   still owned by Ritvik and used in MegaBloks.  That's why
   they could only do the 1x4 like that, at least until the
   part comes out from under the copyright window.  So I guess
   this is a reverse application of the law that protects TLC's
   special elements.

   I'm really stoked to see that they opted to do a two-sided
   version, though.  That really does have some possibilities!

So if these sets have been available for so long (as noted below) at retail, I
wonder why they're not yet on the Shop At Home site?  I'd order them today if I
could.

   Me too.  Hey, Huw (and anyone else who got one of those),
   how much do they go for?  I'm arriving in the UK next week
   and there is an Argos just down the street from where I will
   be living.

   thanks

   LFB