 General / 44981
Re: New x-pod sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:03:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
The new Argos [1] catalogue came out today in the UK, and in it are the new
x-pod Designer sets, which they had in stock, seemingly several months
before their general release. The four sets can be seen here:

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=4346-4349

These are interesting because they each come in a canister which has
studs/connectors on their base and lids so can be used as part of the
models:

Once moderated:

If I was a kid, I think I would want these.  As an adult, I *KNOW* I want these.
They are very cool and look like great little sets.

I was glad to see that the pods appear to be shipped in blister packs:

Which makes them very easy to display and sell in stores.  Real stores!  That's
a very good thing if you as me.  I have a feeling that the small size, ease of
display and the presumably small price point will make these something that many
stores can carry.

Thanks for posting this news.

All the best,
Allan B.