 General / 44991
Re: New element (Was: Re: New x-pod sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:15:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:

My understanding is that the 1x1 brick with stud on only
one side is not produced by TLC because the patent (!) is
still owned by Ritvik and used in MegaBloks.

You must have read my mind.  It was, in fact, a 1x1 with a stud on one side that
I was really thinking of.  I will love to have and will use the piece Huw noted
above, but it would also be nice to have one that didn't need any clearance on
the side opposite the face of the brick.

   Eh, just back it up to a 1x1 or 1x2 technic brick with the
   peghole in the right place, and it's all good.  But I agree
   that it would have been nicer to see a the megablok part
   rendered in "the good stuff" instead.

That's why
they could only do the 1x4 like that, at least until the
part comes out from under the copyright window.  So I guess
this is a reverse application of the law that protects TLC's
special elements.

Well, I guess we can't complain.  If that's who has the trademark then so be it.
I have only ever bought two small MegaBloks sets and enjoyed them so much that I
gave them away.  Not to beat a broken drum, but the quality just wasn't there.

   I do agree--still have to (sorry Dave!), in part because
   those things hurt to snap together and apart.  I just can't
   enjoy them, and Lord knows I've tried.

I guess I'll be waiting until March.  Moving to England isn't in the budget for
this year.  ;)

   Boy, you're telling me--$1.82 to the pound.  Ugh.  And I'm
   living in London, too, which is Manhattan with a pound sign
   already in terms of expenses.  I think I'm going to be eating
   a lot of bread and okra.

   best

   LFB