 General / 45023
Re: Variant: 3058 Plate 6 x 16 with Motor Cutout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:24:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erik Bush wrote:
   Hey,

That is a very interesting part indeed! Do you have any idea where it came from or what set it is from? How long do you think you have had it? I have never seed a part like that before! Very good part for any lego model because it has the hole in the middle large enough for gears of just about any size to fit in.

I actually discovered the narrow-gap-version yesterday when inventorizing the three gray plates I bought sunday (1 narrow-gap-version, 2 large-gap-versions). I even found another narrow-gap-version in gray among the parts I bought secondhand in November, but didn’t notice the narrow gap back then. All the black ones I have (about 5 or so) have the large gap. I have no Idea which sets contained the narrow-gap-version. I assume it were at least the 1966 motorized trains. Perhaps only those sets with single plugs for each wire end. When the double plug was introduced, the gap had to be made larger to fit the plug.

The part 3058 in general came in many trainsets and motor sets, as the motor cutout was used to fit around the motor. See peeron to see which sets included the plate: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3058

(Wow, I didn’t know this plate also came in red :-) )

Niels