 General / 45005
Re: Have *YOU* contacted LEGO customer service re: the gray color change?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 06:35:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kyle Beatty wrote: (snip)

If you are going to spend a stamp, attach it to a letter to your elected representative about something that matters (for those of you in representational democracies). If you need some hints about what real problems deserve your attention, put down the bricks for a moment, push yourself away from the computer and read a paper.

I’ll bite: that’s unfair.

Ofcourse we all have a life besides the LEGO hobby. If you’ll ask anyone around here (well, most of them :-) they’ll acknowledge that there’s more to life than any hobby.

However on LUGNET we discuss hobby-related issues and within that realm it’s a significant issue to many people, on a very practical level costing them time, effort, room and a lot of explanation to the general public, as explained elsewhere.

If you read all the responses though, there’s an important unspoken message we can learn from it: it shows the variety in the way we excercise the hobby (e.g. keeping sets together or not, favorite theme, size of installed base and so on), and how that widely effects the impact of the color change, anywhere from severe to futile.

Eric Brok