 General / 43674
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:08:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
<snip>
From what I understand, all new products, starting with the 2004 sets will be
coming off the line utilizing the new colors. It should be noted that we are
looking into the feasibility of producing bulk packs of the "old" color
elements to be made available through LEGO Shop At Home – no guarantees, mind
you, but we’re looking into it.

Hope this helps!

Jake

---¬
Jake McKee¬
Community Liason¬
LEGO Community Development

Yes, thanks for taking the time to fill us in and put many minds at ease. Well,
admittedly I'm in the camp that doesn't like the idea of common colors becoming
obsolete but it's nonetheless comforting/satisfying to hear the rationale behind
it all.

2004 sets are obviously 'newly coming off the line' but will there be a defined
cutoff point for existing sets? For instance:

- a new production run of something like the AT-AT - new grays or old grays
consistent with the original release?

- other continuing products like bulk packs and mosaics. Would you sell out of
whatever there is in stock before the new colors come off the line? Will there
be any way of knowing when that transition happens? (Frankly I'm tickled at the
idea of having a couple more shades of gray to do some mosaics in, but it would
be helpful to know how quickly I should stock up on the old stuff.)

Thanks again!
John