 General / 43973
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:05:10 GMT

   Frank, you are missing the point entirely. Go back and read RM’s first paragraph. His vile is not directed at TLC, but towards Jon in a completely inappropriate ad hominem attack.

Ok, now go and read the body of his post, and also read his first post in the line, he is giving his opinion on a very unpopular belief. Very few hold this belief, and some will attack other to defend their own (See John Palmer, I’ll get to THAT in a bit)
   He may be upset with what TLC is doing (as many apparently are-- I just hope they all live in basement apartments;-), but that is no excuse for what he did. He abdicated his responsibility as a civil poster, plain and simple.

Merely to defend himself, i am certain that NO ONE would have recognized what Palmer said wasn’t a very nice thing to say, in fact it can be argued that to a certain person, it could be WORSE than what Marchetti said. (And don’t tell me EVERYONE in here hasn’t either A)Been called the F-word or B)said the F-word, if you haven’t you are really missing out on good stress relief :P )

   If he wants to assume the role of the “crazy-guy-who-likes-to-stir-things up-and-is-beholden-to-none!”, he’d better learn to do it more tactfully. At least, here in LUGNET.

Yes his wording was bad, and yes it may be offensive to other people (I know not why, he was speaking to a single person, not the whole community (however, his over rationale of “TLG cheerleaders” was a bit much, but no one has claimed offense to that yet)) If a word is that offensive to you, get off the internet , or get something that will Block you from visiting a page with the cuss-word...

I am not trying to be mean or anything, it is just feel that people who attack a person just for speaking are just as low as the one who said that fateful word.