 General / 4310
4309  |  4311
Subject:
Plans vs imagination
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 21:17:16 GMT

Here's a loaded question...

I see a lot of posts asking for instructions or pictures of how to build
a <insert item here>. Not just ideas, but actual step-by-step
instructions.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a contradiction of the idea behind
Lego? Isn't the idea to use our own imaginations to come up with our own
creations?

Here's an even more loaded question: is there a difference in approach
between those who grew up on Lego in the early days, (when there were
only "brick assortment" sets and no sets which built a specific model,
and no step-by-step instructions) and those who grew up with it when
most of the Lego one bought came in sets, with instructions?

Kevin