 General / 42331
Re: BZP hits 7,000th member-Lugnet is lagging behind.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 07:47:55 GMT

What a collosal waste of time (which I will now add to).  First, let me say that
I wasn't around for the first bioncle vs. brick brawl, and I admit to being
agitated by the subject line of this post.  "Lugnet is lagging behind"  My
website gets more hits than yours does... in your face, lugnet.  You don't sound
bitter, but you do sound like a big baby.  Who cares which site gets more hits?
An why announce it the way you did?  I just don't buy the argument about wanting
to improve lugnet through antagonizing its members.  The post was just this side
of an end-zone dance.  I agree with the guy who said that we should be gratefull
that BZP takes the 12 year old Bionicle fans away from lugnet.  If I have to
look at one more generic bionicle thumbnail on brickshelf I might cap myself.  I
know, I don't have to look, but its somewhat unavoidable when you want to see
what's new and interesting.  Obviously I'm no fan of Bionicle, I think it will
eventually go the way of Pokemon and Galidor (thats not fair, Pokemon was at
least popular at one time).  However, I do give Bionicle (and BZP) its props in
terms of short-term popularity, sales, and shelf-space at my local retailer.
Every time I go lego shopping I always see kids going ape-xxxx for the product.
Ok, I'm going off on a tangent, to recap my point... the original posting in
this thread did come off as childish, but the whole argument is pretty damn
lame.

Anxiously awaiting your hostile reply, you disciples of the toa.
-Keith