 General / 42318
Re: BZP hits 7,000th member-Lugnet is lagging behind.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 14:20:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
   “I was thinking that Lugnet should make a few changes which would improve posting and membership.”
Don’t forget to look at the title of this thread... “BZP hits 7,000th member-Lugnet is lagging behind.” Which indicates a sort of compitition.

Indeed.

   I know that the topic of Lugnet member posts is a very old, beat up topic, but I guess we might as well refresh it here.

Plus, Todd and Suz are working on improving this system.

Additionally, I point out that we cannot really compare these two forums based on number of members anyway. The two of them cater to different audiences and do not inherently compete for members. Lugnet caters to a crowd of (generally older) AFOLs who enjoy being compartmentalized into several smaller yet related groups who share common general resources within the hobby. BZP, from what I know of it, caters to fans of Bionicle, which I imagine are probably generally younger on average. If this assumption of mine is true, and when you consider that younger people in general are more likely to be exposed to regular ABS usage, it really isn’t all that surprising that BZP might have more posters. Regardless, the AFOLs who use Lugnet are numerous enough to keep this end of the community going strong, and we have no worries.

-Hendo