 General / 41792
Re: Badly designed common Lego parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:46:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Stéphane Simard writes:
2) Standard 3-stud-diameter wheel.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3482
Widely used in large Town vehicles such as buses, and almost all Technic
airplanes, helicopters and aircraft use those as landing gear. Not only are
those things likely to snap at any time should you remove them from their
tyres, but Lego's been producing them for 25+ years now and have never
improved them.

Oh yeah!  I just realized this one not too long ago.  When removing the
tyres, make sure you DON'T press on the center of the wheel where it holds
the axle in place.  And when pulling this wheel off from an axle, DON'T pull
the wheel by its edges!

Luckily, I only cracked one.  But that's one damaged Lego piece too many!

-Bryan