 General / 41809
Re: Badly designed common Lego parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 07:58:35 GMT

"Stephane Simard" <plague@videotron.ca> writes:

1) Headlight 1x1 brick.

Yes, many of my freqently used headlight bricks are cracked...  :-(
They can still be used, though, but they don't grip that well.

2) Standard 3-stud-diameter wheel.

I think that these have become of better quality, though.  In my
childhood, probably every second wheel centre I had was cracked.  I used
to glue them when sitting in the centre of a tyre.  That way, they would
usually last as long as I did not try to remove the tyre.

But my newer wheel centres don't crack.  Perhaps I don't use them that
much.

I've also had many cracks in the 6536 cross block connector.  It's the
cross axle hole which cracks after much use.

Fredrik
--
BTW, the web space http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/ will soon go
away.  I'm looking into finding a replacement site.