 General / 41799
Re: Badly designed common Lego parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:19:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bryan Wong writes:
In lugnet.general, Stéphane Simard writes:
2) Standard 3-stud-diameter wheel.
Widely used in large Town vehicles... Not only are
those things likely to snap at any time should you remove them from their
tyres, but Lego's been producing them for 25+ years now and have never
improved them.

When removing the
tyres, make sure you DON'T press on the center of the wheel where it holds
the axle in place.  And when pulling this wheel off from an axle, DON'T pull
the wheel by its edges!

Luckily, I only cracked one.  But that's one damaged Lego piece too many!

-Bryan
Hmm, cracked wheels... never has that happened to me, although sometimes the
axles don't work, and this is because the axles have slits on the stick
parts to let the wheels on and stay on, but only slightly so you can take
them off. if you press the two things on the end together for too long, your
axle will be damaged and any wheel on that side of the axle will not roll
well. Also if you pry them apart AT ALL, your wheels with either NOT BE ABLE
TO GET ON THE AXLE ANYMORE, THEY WILL NOT ROLL WELL, OR YOU MIGHT JUST PRESS
THEM BACK TOGETHER. ALTHOUGH IF YOU DO PRESS THEM TOGETHER, THE WHEELS MOST
LIKELY WILL NOT ROLL WELL!!!