 General / 41766
41765  |  41767
Subject:
Badly designed common Lego parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:19:04 GMT

1) Headlight 1x1 brick.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4070
I wish I had a dime everytime I buy some used headlight bricks and there's a
crack in the front center of the base...

2) Standard 3-stud-diameter wheel.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3482
Widely used in large Town vehicles such as buses, and almost all Technic
airplanes, helicopters and aircraft use those as landing gear. Not only are
those things likely to snap at any time should you remove them from their
tyres, but Lego's been producing them for 25+ years now and have never
improved them.

3) Standard technic connector.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3651
Inevitable cracks at the base. Discontinued by Lego, replaced by the much
sturdier
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32013
at the loss of "piston" studs.

Any similar experiences?

Any more badly designed parts anyone is willing to list?