 General / 41787
Re: Badly designed common Lego parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:51:47 GMT

Stephane Simard's utterance expressed in news:HD56zs.12Aw@lugnet.com:

Any similar experiences?

Any more badly designed parts anyone is willing to list?

The standard pin http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3673
All of mine older than 5-7 years are bent in the end so
that they doesn't "click" into place  :(  luckily they
come in great numbers...

The plate with clip (old ones) often broke   :(
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4085a but they have been
modified for better endurance now  :)

When used with an antenna http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3957
the clip http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4081a sometimes
broke when I tried to remove the antenna. But.. this was in my
younger days - I might not have been as patient as now.. but
since it is meant for kids toplay with.. it must be considered
errors and faults in production!

but but but...  After approx. 25 years of playing with legos
I must say that I am very impressed. Many of the parts I use
in new MOC's are from my first sets - beams, hinges and plates.
The general quality is quite impressive  :)

Leg godt og sjovt!

--
| lars gjerløw jørgensen | lgj[at]jyde[dot]dk  |
| N55 43.184  E12 32.405 | www.lgj.dk | oz2lgj |