 General / 41786
Re: parts that have only ever come in one set...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:32:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tobbe Arnesson writes:

<set:8824> Hovercraft has a unique bumper holder:
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/2991

Nop, set 6473 (RES-Q Cruiser has 4 of those.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6473
Look at step 12 here:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6473/6473-11.html
I only remember this set as it was the first set I bought after I moved out
of my parents house and started living on my own. No more sneeking LEGO past
my parents!

But rare parts that have only conme out in one set will be found more among
the modern sets than the older ones. I used to be able to build older sets
without actually owning them. I just used the parts I did own. But these
days, there are always parts that are not in my collection (shock and awe!) yet.

Mark "working on that" de Kock