 General / 38188
Re: A good LEGO anecdote, and a bad one (A warning about buying Monster Studios sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:51:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Rudy writes:
I too had this misprinting problem (Mine from Werewolf Ambush).  Was he
missing the brow on the smug/smiling side of his face? Was part of his back
(scared) brow missing too?

Missing an entire brow (well, the brown part of it... the black outline was
still there). His scared face was almost completely intact... only a bit of
the brown was missing. Alas, I actually didn't care about the scared face.

Does anyone else have this problem? Did some mad hairdresser attack our figs?
(The good part is, LEGO fixes the problem and then some, sending an extra
torso as well.)

Well, that's good to know (but as I said, LEGO's customer service was never
in question!). Still, I don't think I've ever had a misprinted part before
either (and that's a *lot* of sets I've bought over the span of nearly 30
years). I had previously also bought the mummy set (Curse of the Pharaoh)
but thankfully, all 3 minifig heads were fine in that one.

Mark W.