 General / 37112
Re: Where is everything going?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:01:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
Possible reasons for what you saw:

1. The true end of the "gosh wow" internet buying thing
2. Saturation of the market willing to pay those prices (the perception of
those prices having changed and the fact that no elements are truly rare,
something I asserted when prices were higher by far)
3. Grading of items becoming an issue, esp. on eBay  (amateurs need not apply!)
4. Dislike for auction sites over straight sale sites at more reasonable prices
5. The advent of Bricklink as the element hunting ground of choice
6. The possibility that TLC/Lego Direct is about to reissue the desired sets
7. Economic hard times for many

Add to that list a possible 8th...

8. The summer doldrums. Last year I watched my BLink activity nosedive between
early May and late August. Many people are on vacation. Many people have
outside things to do that they cannot do during the other months. Many kids are
out of school. Last year, it was just getting bck to normal when Sept 11th
happened.

Ray