 Marketplace / Theory / 2418
Re: Where is everything going?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:18:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes:

8. The summer doldrums. Last year I watched my BLink activity nosedive • between
early May and late August. Many people are on vacation. Many people have
outside things to do that they cannot do during the other months. Many kids • are
out of school. Last year, it was just getting bck to normal when Sept 11th
happened.

What was the impact of Sept 11 on bricklink sales? You seem to imply sales
dropped?

There was some media report that post Sept 11, people tended to stay home and
buy construction toys, which would suggest bricklink sales should have risen.

FUT .market.theory

Kerry

My recollection is that there were some wild oscilltions. For the first day or
two, sales went to zero. Then, all of a sudden, there was a burst of activity,
then nothing, then another burst. This kept happening for a week or two, then
the activity line seemed to begin to approach something more of a steady state.
Please keep in mind, that this is my interpretation based on my recollections
of the events then. Other sellers (with other items to sell) may have seen
different patterns.

Ray