 General / 34281
RFC: North British LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:05:17 GMT

Following some informal discussion at Michael Pratt's Southport show, I
intend to kick off the NBLTC with a meeting in mid-January 2002.

Everything is up for discussion; the following are some of my thoughts:

The new club will be the first formally organised fan based LEGO club in
the UK (AFAICT).

The 'North British' part of the name is for convenience only, and is not
intended to include or exclude anyone on a geographical basis. It just
so happens that the bunch of people who've discussed this don't live in
the South (unless you're in Scotland :-)

The aims of the club are likely to include:

- having fun!

- playing with trains

- playing with LEGO

- creating a co-operative framework to enable large train layout
  displays, both in private and at shows, aiming towards a layout
  comparable with the work of other LTCs.

- a calendar of events and meetings so that we can do all of the above

- other club type stuff that I can't think of at the moment.

Please feel free to reply either to this post or by email to me. We've
got a month or so to chew this over, before coming up with something
formal for the first meeting.

Yep. The intention is for this to be formal, with a constitution &
treasurer, etc. But the overriding principle will be HAVE FUN! So if we
can get by without, that's fine.

Follow-ups set back to loc.uk until there's something a bit more
concrete to report.
--
Tony Priestman