 Local / United Kingdom / 7482
Re: North British LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 20:09:27 GMT

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Huw Millington (<Gnvvux.21I@lugnet.com>) wrote at
18:39:11

why not UKLTC, at least until such time as we in the south have
got ourselves organised...

From past experience, a UK based organisation would *never* get
organised.

Rather than claim a UK crown, we're going to start local and get
something done.

The main impetus for this came from some off-the-cuff comments at the
weekend. There are at least three of us in a reasonably small area, with
others who were positive about the idea, so we're going for it!

Given that our handiwork may well feature at many future national
gatherings, input from all comers is welcome, whether it be ideas,
bricks, or practical skills.

After all, as Shakespeare said, 'What's in a name? A LTC by any other
name would smell as sweet.'

Well ok, he didn't say that :-)
--
Tony Priestman