 Local / United Kingdom / 7621
Re: NBLTC - baseboard standards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:43:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jonathan Reynolds writes:
For those who are interested in a LTC (local or UK) and who cannot attend
the meeting on 19th January, can we please have any comments/suggestions on
the following by 18th January as we intend to finalise design standards etc.

You input is essential - it will be 100% better if we adopt a standard that
everyone can use for (dare I suggest it) future 'national' meetings with a
large integrated layout.

Many thanks,

Jon

I've got a suggestion about the boards - particularly for those who want to
permanently lay one out.  Keep the ends of the track half a straight in from
the edges of your board.  Then, add a loose straight when you bring them
together.  This saves you having to shuffle tables around to a fraction of a
mm to bring them together, and means you don't have track connectors hanging
over the edge of the board when you're moving them around - you can stand
the board on-end then without damaging stuff.

So, your smallest curve on a fixed layout would have an extra straight
between each 1/4 circle - don't know if this affects the overall board size
though.

Jason J Railton