 Local / United Kingdom / 7481
Re: North British LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 18:39:11 GMT

"Tony Priestman" <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:wdJZ5AA9r9C8Ewvc@you-rang.demon.co.uk...

Following some informal discussion at Michael Pratt's Southport show, I
intend to kick off the NBLTC with a meeting in mid-January 2002.

Everything is up for discussion; the following are some of my thoughts:

The new club will be the first formally organised fan based LEGO club in
the UK (AFAICT).

The 'North British' part of the name is for convenience only, and is not

I like the idea, but despite your intentions, the name does imply that us
southerners would be 'outsiders' in some way. If it's open to the whole of
the country, why not UKLTC, at least until such time as we in the south have
got ourselves organised...

Huw