 General / 33191
Re: We don't live in America, America lives in US!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:42:29 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GJM7wJ.267@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Great.
So us English are bullies are we?
Cast in the same light as the terrorists of today.

And you want us to stand along side you?
Nice way to start asking for our assistance.

Excuse me? Were you directly involved in 1812? You're offended? One person
writing about a known historical event to make a point means that you decide
that England won't help the U.S. now? Where do you get off acting like this?

Sounds like you want to debate...go right ahead...IN off-topic.debate.
Otherwise, keep it to yourself...

I realise the historical context, but it hardly seems appropriate to draw an analogy between the English and the current
terrorists (which is what the post was doing), when the English are your greatest allies and the nation most likely to
assist you in everyway possible, including any military action.
And dont forget that several hundred English people have died in the WTC too.

lawrence