 General / 32636
Re: Subterfugitives (MOC Lego webcomic) has officially begun!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 01:01:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kyle D. Jackson writes:

Well, okay.  I guess it was just too "deep" for me then, because I
really didn't get it.  It also seemed like there was a skip in the
story with the reference to the man and the spider already knowing
each other (but the man forgot).  But nothing more was said of it.

hm.  I don't know if its all that deep, it is just the very start of the
story so theres not a ton to 'get'.  It mainly sets up a mood and some
common grounds to understand other things that will happen later.
Sometimes, seeds are laid in a story that do not take root and grow until
later when you may not expect them to pop up.  The spider and the old man
knowing each other may be that type of situation. perennial plots anyone?

Is this being translated from another language?  Maybe
something is just getting lost in the translation and/or culture
shift.

hehe, I am a culture freak.  I love to learn about how things work all over
the world.  Music, spirituality, politics, entertainment... whatever, I
guess you could say I am a fan of 'humanity' and not just 'american'.  I
take it as a compliment that you asked this question  :)

I learned basic german, spanish, french, and a tiny smattering of latin and
Japanese, but none of them stuck too well.  When I try to speak in anything
other than american, it just comes out as pig esperanto.

I did write everything tho, and to be honest, I thought this parable was a
little blunt.

cheers!
Joel K