 General / 32623
Re: Subterfugitives (MOC Lego webcomic) has officially begun!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:48:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.general, Joel Kuester writes:

http://minispy.tripod.com/secret/parable1.html

G'day Joel,

I was reading through the first parable when it just "stopped".  It
jumped right back to the opening screen leaving the story hanging
at "the spider accepted the challenge".  Is a link busted?

Well I spent all afternoon (multithreaded of course) loading the whole
story, one image at a time over dialup... that was the last one I got. Then
I went back to the beginning and, with the images now in cache, flitted
through the whole story at a much more reasonable speed.

When I read it at a reasonable speed "the spider accepted the challenge"
seems like an ending point to me, in a sort of mystical/eastern/zenish way.
(but then I just got done watching Crouching Tiger/HD which ends ambiguously
(to this westerner, anyway) )

So even if the end IS broken, it isn't. :-)

BTW while I wish the images were smaller I too echo the general "neato"
chorus you hear in this thread.