 General / 32632
Re: Subterfugitives (MOC Lego webcomic) has officially begun!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:16:47 GMT

Parable = a usually short fictitious story that illustrates a moral attitude
or a religious principle.

-Sarah

In lugnet.general, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.general, Joel Kuester writes:
In lugnet.general, Kyle D. Jackson writes:

I was reading through the first parable when it just "stopped".  It
jumped right back to the opening screen leaving the story hanging
at "the spider accepted the challenge".  Is a link busted?

Nope, that's how the first parable ends.  Since it is part of a larger
parable cycle, I figure people will generally 'grok' the setup. It doesn't
feel 'right' to me to add any sort of 'end' indicator because the story will
continue into the next parable.

Well, okay.  I guess it was just too "deep" for me then, because I
really didn't get it.  It also seemed like there was a skip in the
story with the reference to the man and the spider already knowing
each other (but the man forgot).  But nothing more was said of it.
Are all of the parables linked in any way?  i.e., same characters,
extension of the same story, etc?  If they are, then maybe I
won't get from this what I was looking for until they are all
complete.  Is this being translated from another language?  Maybe
something is just getting lost in the translation and/or culture
shift.

I generally don't have much luck with anything not starting
with "Long, long ago in a galaxy far away..."  Literature
gets lost on me  ;]  Maybe I should just look up the definition
of "parable".  If it says, "Forget trying to understand it,
you'll just hurt yourself", then maybe I'm okay <G>

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada