 General / 32173
Re: 30 posts away? [[Freedoms]]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:27:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jonathan Dallas writes:
Are you proud of our group or the number of posts?

I believe the two are directly interwoven. I'm proud of my group because of
its number of posts, which directly reflect the progress of development in
our events. When the post count goes up it’s not cause we simply enjoy the
conversation, but because issues and matters pertaining to encroaching
events are being ironed out.

I got the impression that you were more interested in having the most posts
and not what the group was doing.

What do you base your impression upon… this one thread?… or all my years of
service to the LUG community? Interesting, are you sure you’ve read –ALL- my
posts, or just those concerning the ‘progress report?’  I'm sure that if you
took the time you’ll see that I'm undertaking the organization of a huge
BrickWarz event and not simply posting idle competitive messages.

I still wouldn't call them stupid

I don’t think their ‘stupid’ either.
And I find that word to be harsh and negative.
I believe that people can gravitate beyond meek childish insults.
I find constructive-criticism to be far more beneficial.
Perhaps the ‘progress reports’ were rather unproductive, yet they did not
incite a rampant flurry of filler-posts.

              Sincerely,
                           --==Riçhärd==--

        You can reach me  @
Shroud_of_Kung_Fu@Hotmail.com

.                                                     -Lego good, Canada great-®