 Organizations / 437
Re: 30 posts away? [[Freedoms]]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:46:38 GMT

Ah...I see this has made it's way into .general...I can chime in...

If Richard's little toung-in-cheek ribbing of the high-volume groups is
unwelcome, then so too must be any obiquitous post from left-field.

I mean, really, I spent time typing Monty Python quotes with accents and
umlauts to get a bit of a giggle from a couple of folks...was that unwelcome
in technic.bionicle? Should Erik Olson be cited for typing the lyrics to the
They Might Be Giants song "Mammal" as a post to the discussion of what
animals LEGO has made?

Why must Richard's (dare I say it?) *PRIDE* in the participation of his LUG
here on LUGNET be taken as a bad thing? I'd think the members of .rtltoronto
should be proud of their overall participation with each other, in their
communities by way of their events, and here on LUGNET. This from the guy
who is still struggling to develop a LUG with a measly TWO people in the
area (sorry Derek...you're not "measly"...just making a point).

Anyway...that's my take on this...and my 2¢...

Matt

(trimmed .rtltoronto...seems like they don't WANT the posts...8?) )