 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1899
Re: 30 posts away? [[Freedoms]]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:04:21 GMT

<snip>

“On behalf of rtlToronto as an organization, I apologize,”

This is where I get angry…
Since when do you need to apologies for another’s actions!?!
You’re in no way responsible for my actions and in turn you hold NO
accountability.
You may share joint custody of the rtlToronto’s web site and the rtlToronto
group events, but LUGNET is an open forum!!! Just cause the rtlToronto name
is there doesn’t mean you’re the dictator in this forum. Remember, this is
Todd's site he’s the one allowing us the use of ‘His’ forum.

Richard,

Take it easy.  Just so you know the posts did look like rtlToronto was trying
to start a competition with NELUG.  That may not be how you meant them but that
is how I perceived them.

You might also not be aware that many people find "posting competitions" at
best silly, or annoying, or at worst result in the degredation of quality
content.  Although you only made 3 posts those posts can result in others
posting just to keep the count up because they preceive that it is a competitve
thing.  That results in a degredation of quality content.

Personally I don't like posting competitions or post count announcements except
maybe if they are real milestones like LUGNETs 100,000 post or 1,000,000 post.
I understand that some like the competition though so I let it slide.  Do what
you want just know many people arn't interested in such things.

Eric Kingsley